VISION To make every elderly person has healthy and happy bones
Mission To be the global industry leader in orthopedic smart devices
Through intelligent orthopedic "Brain+Eye+Arm+Tool" integrated product matrix, to achieve intelligent transformation and upgrading of orthopedic treatment and prevention
- Fact-based culture of transparency
- Team-based culture of cooperation
- Innovation culture based on indefatigability
- Goal-oriented culture of high execution
Bone's Technology Limited is a pioneer in exploring fracture prevention and treatment solutions for the elderly, dedicated to AI diagnostic software, bioactive bone fillers, and next-generation surgical robots. It aims to create healthy and happy bones for every elderly. The company was founded in 2018 and headquartered in Hong Kong.
The company developed the novel bone quality assessment software for optimized spine surgery based on AI & biomechanics simulation. Two products were cleared by CFDA with a certified Medical Quality Management System in China. The CFDA-cleared diagnostic software improved the accuracy of bone mineral density measurement from 60% to as much as 90%.
The company's core R&D team comes from the University of Hong Kong, Oxford University, Johns Hopkins University, Columbia University, Imperial College, University of Waterloo, and other world-class institutions. The marketing and sales team comes from Medtronic, GE Healthcare, WEGO Orthopedic Device, Shanghai Kinetic Medical Co Ltd, etc.
The company has strong international business development and commercial capabilities. It has cooperated with more than 40 top-level hospitals, such as Hong Kong Queen Mary Hospital, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, PLA General Hospital, and Peking Medical College. It has accumulated thousands of cases of expert-labelled data, forming a solid commercial barrier. The flagship product has over one million monthly revenue, serving 2178 patients.
The company has closed three funding rounds, with its most recent Series A round in January 2022 led by Sequoia Capital, MiraclePlus (formerly Y Combinator China), Shukun Technology, Chow Tai Fook Charity Foundation, and Hong Kong X Technology Fund.
Bone's Technology has received honours such as Deloitte Hong Kong Technology Fast 20 & Rising Star 2021, Forbes Asia 100 To Watch 2022, Sequoia X-Plan Leadership Program, 2019 AO Trauma Science Conference Award, and International Conference on Osteoporosis and Bone Research Award.
Bone's is determined to protect human bone health through technological innovation
Bone quality detection accuracy
Target orthopedic patients worldwide
Orthopaedic Diagnostic Pain Points
The Seventh National Census of the People's Republic of China shows that the population aged 60 and above in China is 264.02 million, accounting for 18.70% of the total population, and the number of elderly people has nearly doubled in the past two decades. With the further increase of population aging, the number of bone pain, bone degeneration and fracture cases caused by osteoporosis remains high, and it is expected that 1/3 of aging women will suffer from vertebral compression fracture, and China will continue to face huge medical pressure caused by aging for a period of time in the future, and there is an urgent need for innovative treatment equipment and medical materials to meet medical needs.
In addition, there is no accurate clinical assessment of bone quality.
- The existing bone quality assessment screening rate is less than 5.5%, and the diagnostic accuracy is less than 65%;
- The complexity of bone composition, which is difficult to quantify precisely;
- traditional empiricism lacks a quantitative basis.
Orthopaedic Treatment Pain Points
Orthopaedic implant complications
Orthopaedic implant surgery
Surgical volume growth rate
- Surgical design cannot be precisely quantified, traditional empiricism scheme has a large error, and precise internal fixation selection and surgical access design cannot be performed;
- It is difficult to achieve precision within 1mm due to the artificial error of placing nails by hand;
- Defective design of orthopaedic implant structure and materials.
Bone's Product Matrix
Nearly 30 years of research and product development accumulation by the technical team
Complete orthopedic product matrix of "Brain + Eye + Arm + Tool"
Personalized medical options
Big data learning expert experience
Bone's Minimally Invasive Surgery Robot SeriesThinking, seeing, and reaching.
- Brain: intelligent optimal surgical path planning, intelligent optimal surgical instrument parameter model planning, intelligent navigation and central control system of the robot;
- Eye: global perception in the operating room, real-time precise tracking and positioning, visual technology for patient monitoring, real-time detection of bleeding volume, neurological monitoring information;
- Arm: efficient and precise implementation of multi-channel screw implantation, reduction of surgical trauma, active instrument force feedback, feedback of cortical bone/cancellous bone/soft tissue through electrical signals (piezoelectric sensors).
Bone's AI Orthopedic Treatment Vehicle ProAlready obtained the medical device registration certificate（粤械注准 20202212009）
Accurate measurement of three-dimensional CT value
- CT value is an important method for accurate bone quality assessment 1；
- The prevalence of osteoporosis and the rate of missed diagnosis are high in patients with lumbar degeneration, and preoperative CT evaluation is of great significance 1;
- Vertebral CT value is highly correlated with prospective fracture risk in the thoracolumbar spine 1;
- Vertebral CT value is an independent influence on lumbar pedicle screw loosening1;
- The selection of the first reversed vertebra in coronal position for UIV is positive in reducing postoperative coronal imbalance 1;
- CT value of vertebral body predicting Cage subsidence after stand-alone oblique lumbar interbody fusion 2.
1Report given by Director Li Jianshi of Third Hospital of Peking University, "Seeing the Power and Knowing the Spine" (《见威知脊 高瞻源柱》) forum; verified by article from Third Hospital of Peking University
2Verified by article from Chinese PLA General Hospital
Bone's AI Orthopedic Treatment Vehicle PlusMedical Device Quality Supervision & Testing Center Product Quality Inspection Report MZ20030645
- Bone's has successfully developed the world's leading regionalized bone densitometry QCT technology, which intelligently detects human bone quality through quantitative analysis of CT images;
- Can be used to detect arbitrary local volume BMD values in the spine and hip to assess fracture risk and aid in surgical planning;
- Bone density testing with 99% precision and an absolute BMD error of 3 mg/cc, which has been validated by multicenter clinical data results.
Bone's AI Orthopedic Treatment Vehicle MaxBone's brain, computing makes extraordinary.
- Bone's medical surgery planning system carries out comprehensive analysis of " structure-quantitative-mechanics" based on artificial intelligence and clinical database to output corresponding preoperative planning plans for spine surgery;
- Minimally invasive surgical navigation is controlled by the surgical planning system, which achieves precise positioning of navigation through 3D medical impact imaging technology and real-time alignment technology;
- Bone's surgical robot precisely executes the surgical planning scheme and assists in the positioning and navigation of implants.
Bone's Digital Surgical GuidesIt's good to be prepared.
- 24 hours to complete the entire process of biomechanical analysis design, manufacturing, sterilization and logistics;
- Providing expert discussions for complex cases;
- Real-time generation of 3D models of the spine, with algorithms to obtain editable and optimal nail path generation guides.
Bone's Digital Orthopedic ImplantsCo-exist, co-live, co-grow.
- Biologically active, promoting osteogenesis, repairing bone defects caused by osteoporosis and accelerating rapid fusion between bone tissue and filling materials;
- Excellent mechanical support effect of the drug-mechanical combination material;
- Pain relief for patients after surgery.
Bone's Osteoporosis Positioning Therapy ProductsBe ready to handle the disease before it happens.
Bone's Pharmacological Combination Product combines robotics and minimally invasive puncture technology to treat localized bone defects in elderly patients with osteoporosis through biodegradable bone filling materials as transport carriers, combined with drugs and agents that inhibit bone resorption and promote bone regeneration. The pharmacological combination product has completed in vitro biological evaluation and animal experiments, and is in the process of registration filing with the CFDA, which is expected to be approved in 2024, bringing benefits to hundreds of millions of elderly osteoporosis patients.
Honors and Coverage
Bone's Creates Product Matrix for Orthopedics, Digitally Empowers $100 Billion Device Market
Bone's promotes the digital upgrade of orthopedic industry and helps the diagnostic accuracy rate jump to 90%.
Bone's: How Orthopedic Smart Innovator Helps Medical Upgrade in the Whole Process of Diagnosis and Treatment
Bone's Technology Focuses on Providing Orthopedic Digital Diagnosis and Treatment Solutions for Doctors and Patients.